Non Disclosure Agreement
Non-Disclosure Agreement for
The Regional Catastrophic Planning Team’s Regional Logistics Program website (www.EmergencyLogistics.org) managed by New York City Emergency Management
This document serves as an agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and New York City Emergency Management with regard to you being granted conditional access to certain information on the Regional Catastrophic Planning Team’s Regional Logistics Program (RLP) website. Once you affirmatively accept this Agreement (as indicated below), you are specifically agreeing to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein, and this Agreement becomes legally binding and enforceable against you. Please read it carefully. Make sure you know what you are agreeing to or seek legal advice if you need it.
I intend to be legally bound and hereby consent to the terms in this Agreement in consideration of my being granted conditional access to certain information, specified below, that is owned by, produced by, or in the possession of New York City Emergency Management (NYC EM); specifically:
_sensitive documents on the RLP Website, www.EmergencyLogistics.org_
New York City Emergency Management designates the contents of the documents to be restricted and sensitive information.
As used in this Agreement, sensitive but unclassified information is an over-arching term that covers any information which the loss of, misuse of, or unauthorized access to or modification of, could adversely affect the interests of the NYC EM and the general public, but which has not been specifically authorized to be kept secret in the interest of public safety, by the NYC EM, or otherwise. The information contained in the documents referred to above is categorized as For Official Use Only (FOUO); Safeguarding Information (SGI) under the criteria established by other governmental agencies.
I attest that I am familiar with, and I will comply with the standards for access, dissemination, handling and safeguarding of the information to which I am granted access as cited in this Agreement.
I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions of my access to the information indicated above:
- I am familiar with the procedures to be followed in ascertaining whether other persons to whom I contemplate disclosing this information have been approved for access to it and that I understand these procedures. I will only grant access to restricted documents on www.EmergencyLogistics.org to members of my agency/employer who are integral to the planning and technology and communication units of my planning efforts.
- By being granted conditional access to the information indicated above New York City Emergency Management has placed special trust and confidence in me and I am obligated to protect this information from unauthorized disclosure and use best efforts to prevent inadvertent disclosure, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- I attest that I understand my responsibilities and I am familiar with and will comply with the standards for protecting such information as I may have access to in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- New York City Emergency Management retains the right to conduct inquiries, at any time or place, for the purposes of ensuring compliance with the conditions for access, dissemination, handling and safeguarding information under this Agreement.
- I will not disclose or release any information provided to me pursuant to this Agreement without proper authority or authorization from NYC EM. Should situations arise that warrant the disclosure or release of such information I will do so only under approved circumstances and in accordance with the regulations or directives applicable to the specific category of information. I will honor and comply with any and all dissemination restrictions cited or verbally relayed to me by the proper authority.
- Any requests for copies or portions of the aforementioned restricted documents on www.EmergencyLogistics.org will be forwarded to NYC EM, who will make the determination of whether those requests will be answered. Under no circumstances shall I nor any other individual or employee working with me release copies or portions of the restricted documents to any person, entity or organization outside of my own.
- Should ,I, receive a subpoena, Court Order, Freedom of Information Law (“FOIL”) Request or any other request or demand that encompasses a copyright infringement claim, or any other legal claim, I will immediately contact New York City Emergency Management, so that they may take steps to block any release of the restricted documents on www.EmergencyLogistics.org through the appropriate legal measures.
- I understand that all conditions and obligations imposed upon me and my agency/employer by this Agreement apply during the time that I am granted conditional access, and at all times thereafter.